Your support of the trail has propelled us toward important victories in 2018, including:
- The completion of the trail through Cheshire, creating a marathon-length continuous ribbon of off-road greenway from New Haven to Southington.
- A bright and vibrant mural on the trail at the Hamden-New Haven border celebrating women’s empowerment and affirming the creation of an arts corridor in this section of the greenway.
- A well-attended “Ride the State” event in June with CONNDOT Commissioner James Redeker.
Breaking ground for construction of water access directly on the trail to support plantings in a bird conservation corridor in Newhallville, New Haven.
But we need to do so much more. Your gift to FCRTTA will:
- Establish a signed route through Plainville, the last significant gap in the trail in Connecticut.
- Push New Haven to finally build the last section of the trail down to its terminus at the Canal Dock Boat House on the Long Island Sound.
- Enhance the trail through more art, signage and other infrastructure like kiosks, water fountains and repair stations.
Please read details about updates in the more detailed PDF, and help maintain and improve the 45 trail miles now built with a contribution today!